Business Owner Victim Outline

Ouch. We feel your pain. We know what that feels like. It’s a feeling of helplessness and loss of trust, right? It’s a feeling like, “When am I ever get all of this done?”

We can help. We’ve done this many times before. It’s called a ‘Rescue Job.’

Here’s what has to happen:

  1. Call your soon-to-be-ex-bookkeeper and state matter-of-factly that you have decided to stop working with him or her.
    • You don’t have to say why. That’s your business. If you feel pressured then say something like, “I’ve decided to go in a new direction with my bookkeeping.”
  2. Choose a time when you can drop by to pick up all your materials. You should get:
    • all of your company’s paperwork (invoices, receipts, statements, CRA letters, etc.), AND
    • the latest backup of your bookkeeping data file.
  3. Bring everything over to us. We’ll go through it and let you know how things look.
  4. You might have signed a Business Consent (RC-59) form. This allowed your now former bookkeeper to speak to the CRA for you. You should ask us to send in a note to the CRA withdrawing that ability.
  5. We’ll do an intake process. This will determine:
    • Exactly the services you wish us to perform
    • The current state of the paperwork and bookkeeping data file
    • What needs to be done to fix things

Call Minaris Today at 587-351-1745